Dropbox – another piece of software I couldn’t possibly live without.
If you use Dropbox, you may have come across a situation whereby you’ve just put a few large files in your Dropbox which will take some time to sync.
One solution to this problem (without leaving your machine on all day or night) is to use a batch file which does the following:
- Uses a small executable created by a member of the Dropbox forums
- This executable checks the status of Dropbox (synching, in-use, up-to-date etc)
- The batch script simply runs in the background and checks the status of Dropbox every 30 seconds
- If the status is up-to-date, the script executes a command which puts the machine in to standby.
Continue reading Dropbox – Automatically Standby PC After Sync
LoadRunner is a suite of applications designed specifically for performance testing of computer systems.
Put at a very high level, LoadRunner is used to throw load (or Virtual Users in LoadRunner terms) at a system to check for performance counters such as throughput, CPU per transaction etc. LoadRunner supports a variety of different architectures including Web, ERP, CRM and more.
This article details the steps of how to set-up multiple load generators to work with your LoadRunner Controller environment.
There are several drivers for going with this approach:
- Your load generator may actually sit on the same box as your Controller (design flaw)
- Your load generator may be a low spec box which maxes out at X number of VUsers
- You want load to hit the target from multiple machines to introduce threading.
Continue reading Using Two or More Load Generators with LoadRunner