I am a 27 year old Security Researcher/Professional with a great passion for all things technological. I have a particular interest in the Security field.
I write this blog in my spare time for anything that I believe may be useful to others.
- Back in college days (2009-2010 ~) a friend and I started up a small PC repair business (The PC Repair Guys was the cheesy name we gave it) in the local area. It was successful during the time we ran it and we came across some interesting characters. Due to other commitments (just about to begin University) we stopped doing this.
- During my second year of University I started a placement – my university was quite different from others in the sense that I was able to do a three year placement as opposed to the normal ‘1 year sandwich’ offered in most other Universities.
During this placement I was in charge of the internal IT infrastructure and also working on capacity planning and performance testing projects for a number of clients; the main one being easyJet.
- Right as I received my final grades for my degree, I landed a job as IT Manager for a small IT security company called Nebulas. Here I learnt a lot and was responsible for a variety of systems including a lot of enterprise level security products and technologies.
- After being with Nebulas for almost two years, I felt it was time for a new challenge and bigger environment. I landed a job as Infrastructure Engineer at The Royal Academy of Music (University). I was responsible for pretty much everything that had a plug at the other end.
- A few years later I was offered a job at Hive Connected Homes as Security and Risk Analyst; the job offer came as a result of some personal research I had been doing on the security of the Hive kit.
My Personal life
I am married to my lovely wife who is a primary school teacher. We have a young son and daughter who I will try and influence the best I can to become little hackers and engineers 🙂
My hobbies are:
- Photography (Sadly I do not get as much time for this as I wish I had)
- Tennis (same as above)
- Teaching my self new things then going on to teaching others 😉
- Squash – I just started doing this again… let’s see how long that lasts